(Short form: info)
- A collection of related data.
- Knowledge about a topic.
- Data that have been processed into a format that is understandable by its intended audience.
- A service provided by telephone which provides listed telephone numbers of a subscriber: see 411.
- answer to a question, minimal part of information is bit (2), which is answer yes or no.
- (countable, Template loop detected: Template:Context 1) A sworn statement by an authorized official filed in court briefly describing the nature of each charge against a suspect, tantamount to an indictment but without the involvement of a grand jury.
- information retrieval
- information science
- information society
- information superhighway
- information theory
New World Encyclopedia writers and editors copied and adjusted this Wiktionary entry in accordance with NWE standards. This article abides by terms of the Creative Commons CC-by-sa 3.0 License (CC-by-sa), which may be used and disseminated with proper attribution. Credit for this article is due to both New World Encyclopedia contributors and the selfless volunteer contributors of the Wikimedia Foundation. To cite this article click here for a list acceptable citing formats.The history of earlier contributions at Wiktionary is accessible to researchers here: