Stress has different meanings in different fields:
- Stress (physics): including tensile stress, shear stress, and pressure.
- Stress (medicine): medical or psychological stress.
- Yield stress: in mechanical engineering
- Stress (linguistics): in linguistics (phonology).
- Beat (music): stressed and unstressed musical beats.
- Link stress: in network theory.
- Population stress: in overpopulation.
- Moisture stress or plant stress: result of depriving a plant of water.
New World Encyclopedia writers and editors rewrote and completed the Wikipedia article in accordance with New World Encyclopedia standards. This article abides by terms of the Creative Commons CC-by-sa 3.0 License (CC-by-sa), which may be used and disseminated with proper attribution. Credit is due under the terms of this license that can reference both the New World Encyclopedia contributors and the selfless volunteer contributors of the Wikimedia Foundation. To cite this article click here for a list of acceptable citing formats.The history of earlier contributions by wikipedians is accessible to researchers here:
The history of this article since it was imported to New World Encyclopedia:
Note: Some restrictions may apply to use of individual images which are separately licensed.