From New World Encyclopedia
- A period of 24 hours.
- The period from midnight to the following midnight. There are 7 days in a week: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
- Rotational period of a planet (especially earth).
- The part of a day period which one spends at one’s job, school, etc.
- I worked two days last week.
- Part of a day period between sunrise and sunset where one enjoys daylight, daytime.
- day and night.
terms derived from ‘day’
New World Encyclopedia writers and editors copied and adjusted this Wiktionary entry in accordance with NWE standards. This article abides by terms of the Creative Commons CC-by-sa 3.0 License (CC-by-sa), which may be used and disseminated with proper attribution. Credit for this article is due to both New World Encyclopedia contributors and the selfless volunteer contributors of the Wikimedia Foundation. To cite this article click here for a list acceptable citing formats.The history of earlier contributions at Wiktionary is accessible to researchers here: