From New World Encyclopedia
- (uncountable) The meat from a cow, bull or other bovine.
- I hate eating beef.
- (countable) Would be "a side of beef". A chunk, cut or piece not being the whole piece, cf ham.
- (archaic, Template loop detected: Template:Context 1) A generic term for a cow or bull.
- Do you want to raise beeves?
- (countable, Template loop detected: Template:Context 1) a complaint or disagreement
- He has a beef with anyone who tells him otherwise.
New World Encyclopedia writers and editors copied and adjusted this Wiktionary entry in accordance with NWE standards. This article abides by terms of the Creative Commons CC-by-sa 3.0 License (CC-by-sa), which may be used and disseminated with proper attribution. Credit for this article is due to both New World Encyclopedia contributors and the selfless volunteer contributors of the Wikimedia Foundation. To cite this article click here for a list acceptable citing formats.The history of earlier contributions at Wiktionary is accessible to researchers here: