From New World Encyclopedia
- Ancient times; former ages; times long since past
- Cicero was an eloquent orator of antiquity.
- The ancients; the people of ancient times.
- That such pillars were raised by Seth all antiquity has avowed. --Sir W. Raleigh.
- (obsolete) An old gentleman.
- You are a shrewd antiquity, neighbor Clench. --B. Jonson.
- (often Template loop detected: Template:Context 1) A relic or monument of ancient times; as, a coin, a statue, etc.; an ancient institution.
New World Encyclopedia writers and editors copied and adjusted this Wiktionary entry in accordance with NWE standards. This article abides by terms of the Creative Commons CC-by-sa 3.0 License (CC-by-sa), which may be used and disseminated with proper attribution. Credit for this article is due to both New World Encyclopedia contributors and the selfless volunteer contributors of the Wikimedia Foundation. To cite this article click here for a list acceptable citing formats.The history of earlier contributions at Wiktionary is accessible to researchers here: