A calque of German Weltanschauung, equivalent to world + view.
worldview (plural worldviews)
- One's personal view of the world and how one interprets it.
- I've always had an unconventional worldview that seems to confuse a lot of people.
- The totality of one's beliefs about reality.
- A general philosophy or view of life.
- The Elizabethan worldview differs from a modern worldview.
New World Encyclopedia writers and editors copied and adjusted this Wiktionary entry in accordance with NWE standards. This article abides by terms of the Creative Commons CC-by-sa 3.0 License (CC-by-sa), which may be used and disseminated with proper attribution. Credit for this article is due to both New World Encyclopedia contributors and the selfless volunteer contributors of the Wikimedia Foundation. To cite this article click here for a list acceptable citing formats.The history of earlier contributions at Wiktionary is accessible to researchers here: