- A musical piece with lyrics (or "words to sing"); prose that one can sing.
- He wrote a beautiful song about her.
- A musical sound by a bird.
- A musical sound by insect, whale or some other animal which sounds melodious to humans.
- I love hearing the song of canary birds.
- Something that cost only a little.
- He bought that car for a song.
New World Encyclopedia writers and editors copied and adjusted this Wiktionary entry in accordance with NWE standards. This article abides by terms of the Creative Commons CC-by-sa 3.0 License (CC-by-sa), which may be used and disseminated with proper attribution. Credit for this article is due to both New World Encyclopedia contributors and the selfless volunteer contributors of the Wikimedia Foundation. To cite this article click here for a list acceptable citing formats.The history of earlier contributions at Wiktionary is accessible to researchers here: