- The status or condition of something
- The used bookshop wouldn't offer much due to the poor shape of the book.
- Condition of personal health, especially muscular health.
- The vet checked to see what kind of shape the animal was in.
- We exercise to keep in good physical shape.
- The appearance of something, especially its outline.
- He cut a square shape out of the cake.
- A figure with unspecified appearance; especially a geometric figure.
- What shape shall we use for the cookies? Stars, circles, or diamonds?
- contest shape
- in any way, shape, or form
- in no shape to
- in no way, shape, or form
- in shape
- out of shape
- take shape
- the shape of things to come
New World Encyclopedia writers and editors copied and adjusted this Wiktionary entry in accordance with NWE standards. This article abides by terms of the Creative Commons CC-by-sa 3.0 License (CC-by-sa), which may be used and disseminated with proper attribution. Credit for this article is due to both New World Encyclopedia contributors and the selfless volunteer contributors of the Wikimedia Foundation. To cite this article click here for a list acceptable citing formats.The history of earlier contributions at Wiktionary is accessible to researchers here: