Category: Public domain images
From New World Encyclopedia
Public domain images may be used freely within the Encyclopedia Project.
An image gets into the public domain if:
- its creator explicitsy releases it the public domain
- it was created for certain US government agencies which release ALL their work to the public domain
- it is so old that it never was copyrighted (e.g., Renaissance art
- its copyright has expired and was not (or cannot be) renewed (in the US, anything before 1903 is in the public domain)
Pages in category "Public domain images"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Public domain images"
This category contains only the following file.
- Rilke.jpg 302 × 396; 18 KB