- One engaged in politics, especially an elected or appointed government official.
- Politicians should serve the country's interest.
- Specifically, one who regards elected political office as a career.
- Unlike the other candidates, I'm not a politician.
- A politically active or interested person.
- Only real politicians are interested in this issue.
- A sly or ingratiating person.
- There is a politician in every office.
New World Encyclopedia writers and editors copied and adjusted this Wiktionary entry in accordance with NWE standards. This article abides by terms of the Creative Commons CC-by-sa 3.0 License (CC-by-sa), which may be used and disseminated with proper attribution. Credit for this article is due to both New World Encyclopedia contributors and the selfless volunteer contributors of the Wikimedia Foundation. To cite this article click here for a list acceptable citing formats.The history of earlier contributions at Wiktionary is accessible to researchers here: